One in Three Americans Cutting Back on Book Purchases Due to Economy, According to Bowker’s New PubTrack Consumer Survey
Latest “Bowker Book Facts” data release provides insights into impact of current economic climate on consumer book purchases
New Providence, NJ - December 15, 2009 - Nearly 34% of Americans report they are cutting down on how many books they are purchasing due to the economic downturn of the past two years, according to newly released data from PubTrack Consumer.
Bowker and AAP Will Host Webinar on Consumer Book Trends
"Consumer Book Trends 2009" Will Highlight Changing Climate of Book Buying in 2009
New York, NY - December 10, 2009 - The changing climate of book buying and shifting patterns of book consumer behavior will be the subject of a new hour-long webinar for industry professionals, a first-of-its-kind sneak peek into consumer book buying trends for the first three quarters of 2009. Set for Wednesday, December 16, from 2:00 p.m – 3:00 pm ET, the webinar will be co-hosted by Bowker and the Association of American Publishers (AAP).
MarketResearch.com Announces Distribution of PubTrack Consumer Research
New York, NY - November 16, 2009 - As the leading distributor of market intelligence, MarketResearch.com is pleased to announce a business partnership with Bowker's PubTrack™ Consumer, which allows for the marketing and distribution of PubTrack's proprietary market analyses through the MarketResearch.com website.
More Press Releases ...
- Bowker and BML Join Forces to Produce First Side-by-Side Comparison of Consumer Book Buying Habits in U.S. and Great Britain
- Bowker and AAP Will Host Webinar on Consumer Book Buying
- Creative Byline and Bowker Team Up to Support Publisher Decision-Making
- Bowker Publishes First Consumer-Focused Research Report for Book Industry
- Pearson Education UK to Join PubEasy
- Bowker Introduces Books In Print 2.0, New Breakthrough Search and Discovery Platform for Book Information
- Nearly One in Two Americans Read a Book Last Year, According to Bowker's 2008 PubTrack Consumer Survey
- Bowker Reports U.S. Book Production Declines 3% in 2008, but "On Demand" Publishing More than Doubles
- LibLime Partners with Syndetics Solutions to Provide Enhanced Bibliographic Content to Koha Libraries
- Bowker's Andy Weissberg Named to Board of Directors for International ISBN Agency
- Oxford University Press USA Joins PubEasy Book Ordering Service
- ProQuest Names Callanan COO
- Bowker and Choice to Launch RCL: Career Resources
- SAGE Joins PubEasy Book Ordering Service
- CIG Makes Equity Investment in LibraryThing
- The British Library Selects Syndetic Solutions for Catalogue Enrichment
- International Standard Text Code Agency Announces New Registration Agency