Resources for College Libraries™ is the premier list of core print and electronic resources for academic libraries, featuring nearly 85,000 titles in 117 subjects. Brought to you by ACRL's Choice and Bowker, RCL covers the entire two-year and four-year college curriculum and provides a list of core titles that are essential for undergraduate study. Developed by a team of more than 400 subject editors, bibliographers, and referees, the database is continuously updated.
This improved, user-friendly interface is now available in three subscription options:
- Resources for College Libraries (RCL) — a comprehensive bibliographic resource that allows libraries to discover and collect nearly 80,000 essential titles in 61 core subject areas for liberal arts and sciences colleges. RCL offers a broad range of subjects, including the traditional liberal arts and sciences curriculum, business, computer science, education, engineering and health sciences.
- Resources for College Libraries: Career Resources (CR) — the essential list of core resources for vocational, technical, and career programs at two-year and four-year undergraduate institutions. The successor to Vocational and Technical Resources for Community College Libraries, CR includes over 4,500 titles in 56 areas.
- RCL Plus (both RCL and CR products) — offers comprehensive access to ALL RCL and CR content, comprising the essential core list for two-year and four-year undergraduate institutions. This deluxe database includes nearly 85,000 works, with a total of 117 curriculum-specific subject headings.
RCL features include:
- RSS feeds for new titles
- Ability to find RCL and CR titles in your local catalog
- Dynamic facets to help refine search results
- Full-text Choice reviews and easy identifiers for Choice Outstanding Academic Titles
- Curriculum-specific, easy to browse subject hierarchies
2013 RCL updates to include:
- Redesigned site architecture allowing for vastly increased performance and overall usability
- New Browse functionality including LC classification and improved navigation
- Book source options will include wholesale and retail options
- Improved list management
- Mobile access
- And more...
Bowker Bookwire™ is a free mobile app that serves the needs of everyone searching for books—consumers, librarians, and booksellers, using an iPhone™ or iPad™ and make a purchase. Subscribers to Resources for College Libraries™ (RCL) can login to access book records or add titles to selected lists